Cancelled due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- New York Medical Center April 8th, 2020 Grand Rounds presentation on Rabies
- Palo Alto, California. May 22nd and 23rd, 2020. Tibetan & Western Integrative Medicine Symposium. Keynote address on Medicine and Compassion.
- Canmore, Alberta, Canada. June 4th to 6th, 2020. Travel Medicine Topics.
- Medicine and Compassion Retreat UK in Doncaster, England, June 17-21, 2020
Recent Speaking Engagements
- May 2017, The Conference of the International Society of Travel Medicine, Barcelona, Spain. Taught a workshop on the prevention of rabies in travelers.
- Toronto, Ontario Canada. June 16-18, 2017. North American Refugee Health Conference. Keynote Address: “A Gentle Rain of Compassion.”
- Medicine and Compassion Retreat in Jackson Hole. October 1st – 6th, 2017.
- Portland, Oregon June 7th-9th, 2018. Keynote Address: Medicine and Compassion.
- Findhorn, Scotland June 29th, 2018. Medicine and Compassion .
- Gomde Scotland June 30th, 2018. Seminar on Medicine and Compassion.
- Doncaster, England July 7th, 2018. Seminar on Medicine and Compassion.
- Medicine and Compassion Retreat in Jackson Hole. October 10th-14th, 2018
- Cape Town, South Africa September 12th -14th, 2018. Lectures on High Altitude Medicine and Medicine and Compassion.
- Galway, Ireland February 6th-8th, 2019. INMED 2019 Health Professions Education: Developing the Whole Person. Keynote Address: “Healthcare and Compassion: Can the capacity for compassion be trained?”
- Napa, California March 22-23, 2019. Travel Medicine and Global Health Conference. Keynote address: “Medicine and Compassion.” Also: “Exotic Vaccines: Rabies and Japanese Encephalitis.”
- Fargo, North Dakota April 9th-10th, 2019. Building Bridges Conference. Keynote Address: “A Gentle Rain of Compassion.”
- Minneapolis, Minnesota April 15th-17th, 2019. Compassionate Care Co-Creation. A Two-Day Seminar sponsored by the American Refugee Committee.
- Providence RI April 26, 2019. Dorcas International Institute of Rhode Island Refugee Resettlement Program. Medicine and Compassion lecture and seminar.
- Washington, DC. June 4-9, 2019 International Society of Travel Medicine. “Can Travelers’ Diarrhea be Prevented through Personal Hygiene Precautions?”
- Medicine and Compassion Retreat in Jackson Hole October 2nd to 6th, 2019
- Atlanta, Georgia January 7-10, 2020. The Epidemiology of Compassion and Love. Gave a talk on “The Origin of Compassion.”
If you are interested in booking Dr. Shlim to speak on Medicine and Compassion or travel medicine, please contact him here.